EngLish For You - English For Our Life - Let's Learn Now !
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.

Đề học sinh giỏi Tiếng Anh lớp 9

Go down

Đề học sinh giỏi Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Empty Đề học sinh giỏi Tiếng Anh lớp 9

Bài gửi by Admin Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:19 am

Së Gi¸o dôc vµ §µo t¹oM«n thi: TiÕng anh líp 9
kú thi chän häc sinh giái cÊp tØnh Ngµy thi: 28/ 3/ 200
N¨m häc 200 Thêi gian lµm bµi: 150 phót (kh«ng kÓ thêi gian giao ®️Ò)

§Ò chÝnh thøc
(ThÝ sinh lµm bµi trùc tiÕp vµo ®️Ò thi theo h­íng dÉn d­íi mçi c©️u)
Đề học sinh giỏi Tiếng Anh lớp 9 13_002cac ban thu lam dj nhaz!!!!!!!!!!!

§iÓm
Gi¸m kh¶o sè 1
(hä tªn, ch÷ ký)
Gi¸m kh¶o sè 2
(hä tªn, ch÷ ký)
Sè ph¸ch
(do chñ tÞch H§ ghi)
B»ng sè
B»ng ch÷

I. Circle the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest
Example: 00. A. man B. bad C. many D. manage

01. A. champagne B. chest C. chance D. switch
02. A. gather B. thanks C. ethnic D. three
03. A. ploughed B. published C. ordered D. prayed
04. A. could B. ground C. should D. would
05. A. women B. many C. men D. education
06. A. plough B. enough C. young D. country
07. A. garbage B. garage C. sewage D. carriage
08. A. focus B. cancer C. facial D. chemical
09. A. bone B. home C. tone D. one
10. A. heal B. deal C. head D. feel

II. Give the correct form of the verbs in bracket
- I (11. phone) you as soon as I arrive in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Tam, don’t forget (12. post) my letter.
- You ever (13. try) Indian food?
- He (14. live) in oxford for two years and then in 1989 he (15. move) to London.
- He talked about cooking as if he (16. be) a very good cook.
- If I (17. know) you were coming, I (18. wait) for you.

11.......................................... 12.......................................... 13........................................
14.......................................... 15.......................................... 16.......................................
17.......................................... 18..........................................

III. Choose the correct answer.
How are things with you? Since I last saw you, I’ve been very ill. By the time I arrived home after seeing you on Monday, I (19)... an awful headache. I thought that perhaps my eyes were tired (20)... I’d been working so hard, so I took some aspirins and went to bed. However, when I woke up the next morning, the headache was (21)... than ever, and my throat was sore. I tried to get up but my arms and legs (22)... stiff.
I saw the doctor and she (23)... me I had a temperature. She saidI probably had flu. She advised me to take some medicine and (24)... in bed. The medicine tasted horrible and it didn’t make (25)... feel any better. I felt sick and I didn’t want to eat anything at all, although I was very (26)... . I have almost (27)... now, and I am going to start work again tomorrow. I still have a slight cold and a cough, but my chest doesn’t hurt when I (28)... . Can we meet on Saturday? I’m looking forward to seeing you.

19. A. felt B. had C. was D. caught
20. A. as B. though C. while D. during
21. A. worse B. hard C. more D. painful
22. A. sensed B. moved C. felt D. looked
23. A. examined B. told C. denied D. said
24. A. stay B. sit C. lay D. stand
25. A. my B. me C. them D. its
26. A. ill B. heavy C. hungry D. thirsty
27. A. improved B. decided C. recovered D. succeeded
28. A. breathe B. ache C. cure D. bleed

IV. Fill in each numbered blank ONE suitable word.
This year, the school is offering new summer courses, which sound very good indeed. They are able to offer many more conversation classes (29)... before. And for about half of these classes the students will be working (30)... groups of seven or eight. Courses on reading and writing will also be given. There’s a completely new reading course, in fact, (31)... the students will find very interesting. Teachers will use current newspaper articles and other material. (32)... the first time this year, the school is running a computer course, too. The school will be also continuing the video course, which was very popular last year. Benfield School has some new video equipment and the teachers know a lot about video.
All this sounds like hard work! But there will be a lot of leisure activities too. The school has arranged (33)... students to use the sports centre near the school in the afternoons and evenings, (34)... greatly reduced prices. And it has planned a lot of visits to places of (35)... . There will be some special surprises for the students (36)... well. The school has organized a group visit to a television studio, as a suitable end to the video course. Some students will be (37)... to take flying lessons at the airport. The school only takes (38)... forty and fifty students at a time. Although it is a small school, only a few of the students stay at the school itself, in one of two flats in the main building. Most of the summer students will stay with families in the town.

29........................................ 30.......................................... 31.......................................
32........................................ 33.......................................... 34.....................................
35........................................ 36.......................................... 37.......................................

V. Give the correct form of the words in bracket.
All languages have rules for forming words and for ordering those words in (39. meaning) sentences. In written languages, meaning is expressed through a system of characters and rules for combining those characters. In spoken languages, meaning is expressed through a system of sounds and rules for combining those sounds. Word order is more important in English than it is in some languages such as (40. Russia).
Like other languages English is always changing, but it changes very (41. slow). People invent new words, borrow words from other languages, and change the meaning of words as (42. need). For example, the English word byte was invented by computer (43. special) in 1959. The word tomato was borrowed from Nahuatl, an (44. America) Indian language (45. speak) in Mexico. The word meat once referred to food in general. People learn English as well as (46. language)by listening, copying what they hear, and (47. use) the language. Most school children learn their first language (48. easy) – and sometimes other languages as well.

39........................................ 40.......................................... 41....................................... 42........................................ 43.....................…................. 44.....................................
45........................................ 46.......................................... 47.....................................
48. ......................................

VI. For questions 49 – 63, read the text below and look carefully at each line. Some of the lines are correct, and some have a word which should not be there. If a line is correct, put a tick ( ) on the dotted line. If a line has a word which should not be there, write the word on the dotted line. There are two examples at the beginning (0 and 00).

An unlucky day

Last Sunday was definitely not a good day for me. It
was all started when I got into my car and it refused
to start. I immediately realised that I had left the
lights on and the battery had gone flat. I telephoned to
my friend George and he came round and helped me
start the car. I then drove into town to see a friend. I
had arranged to meet him at six thirty, but by
the time I got to there, it was ten past seven and my
friend he was not there, I waited for him for an hour
despite of the freezing weather, but he didn’t come.
When I had returned to my car, I saw that someone
had been broken into it, probably looking for the radio.
Luckily, I never leave the radio in the car! There
was nothing I could do but get into my car and drive to home. Later I spoke with my friend and discovered out that he
had waited for only the half an hour and left. He didn’t
even apologise himself for not waiting for me longer!

…………√ .……….
………... was……...
……………………..
……………………..
……………………..
……………………..
……………………..
……………………..
……………………..
……………………..
……………………..
……………………..
…………………….. …………..………… …………..…………
…………..…………
…………..…………

VII. Fill in each numbered blank ONE suitable preposition.
Paper was invented by the Chinese (64)... the first century A.D. The art of papermaking took 700 years to reach the Muslim world and another 700 years to get to Britain (via Spain, France and Germany).
Most paper is made (65)... wood. When the trees are cut down, they are carried (66)... land or water to paper mills. Here they are cut up and the wood is broken up into fibres, mixed (67)... water and chemicals. This woodpulp is then dried up on a machine and made (68)... paper.
Papermaking is an important British industry, and paper from Britain is exported (69)... South Africa, Australia and many other countries. Some of the wood used in British papermaking industry comes (70)... trees grown in Britain, but wood is also imported (71)... other countries such as Norway. One tree is needed (72)... every 400 copies of a forty-page newspaper. If half the adults in Britain each day buy one daily paper, this uses up over 40,000 trees a day. Trees are cut (73)... faster than they can be replaced, so there may be a paper shortage before the year 2020.

64........................................ 65.......................................... 66.......................................
67........................................ 68......................................... 69.......................................
70........................................ 71.......................................... 72.......................................

VIII. Finish each of the following sentence in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it

74. Why didn’t you switch off the light before leaving the room?
You should ………………………………………………………………..
75. Lan can speak English more fluently than I can.
I can’t ……………………………………………………………………..
76. Now he doesn’t smoke any more as before.
He used ……………………………………………………………………
77. The play was so boring that we left in the interval.
We…………………………………………………………………………
78. “I’m sorry I didn’t phone you about that” said Lan.
Lan apologized ……………………………………………………………

IX. Read the following passage, then circle the correct answer.
In the UK we each use about two hundred steel food and drink cans every year. Steel cans are popular because they are convenient, easy to store and unbreakable. But when you have finished with a can, what do you do with it? Do you throw it away and forget all about it? Probably! But behind the scenes there are people whose job it is to make sure that the steel is never wasted. In fact, recycling or reusing steel cans is so successful that every day of the year more than five million cans start new lives in new steel products.
After you have thrown away your can, what happens? Well, first of all it is collected by the men who empty your dustbin each week together with all the other household rubbish. Then the rubbish is sorted and the steel cans are taken separately to a special factory which turns dirty old cans into high quality steel. It’s this steel which may well find its way back into your home in the form of knives and forks, garden equipment and, of course, food and drink cans. So next time you open your fizzy drink just remember where your can may have been.

79. 80. What is the writer trying to do in the text?
A. To advertise canned drinks. C. To provide some information.
B. To describe the steel industry. D. To describe rubbish collection.
81. 82. Why would somebody read the text?
A. To learn about the soft drink industry. C. To find out more about how steel is made.
B. To understand how rubbish is collected. D. To discover what happens to old cans.
83. 84. How do we know that reusing steel is very successful?
A. Every person uses 5, 000 cans a year.
B. All cans and tins are now made from steel.
C. Over 5,000,000 cans are recycled daily.
D. It reduces the amount of waste to collect.
85. 86. What does the writer suggest about our attitude to old cans?
A. We are not interested what happens to them.
B. We should be more careful where we throw them.
C. We could help by sending them to the factory.
D. We are making things difficult for the dustbin men

X. Many serious diseases are now caused by pollution. What do you think that man should and must do to reduce pollution? Write a composition, not more than 150 words. (87 – 100)
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....
Please write onthe next page if necessary Þ
Total mark: 100:10 = 10
The end
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://englishforyou.forumvi.com

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Về Đầu Trang