EngLish For You - English For Our Life - Let's Learn Now !
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.

Reported Speech (Basic & Advanced Grammar Reviews)

Go down

Reported Speech (Basic & Advanced Grammar Reviews) Empty Reported Speech (Basic & Advanced Grammar Reviews)

Bài gửi by Admin Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:58 am

* Reported Speech (Lời nói gián tiếp): là câu tường thuật lại ý của người nói.
* Form:
+ Nếu Vs ở mệnh đề chính ở Simple Present Tense (say) hoặc Present Perfect (have/has said), hoặc Simple Future (will say) thì trong RP. ta chỉ đổi PRONOUNS.
+ Nếu Vs ở mệnh đề chính ở Simple Past Tense (said) thì trong R.P. ta phải đổi thì, từ, cụm từ chỉ thời gian, đại từ ...
- Lùi thì:
Trích:

-- Simple Present -> Simple Past.
-- Present Cont. -> Past Cont.
-- Simple Past / Present Perf -> Past Perf.
-- Past Cont. / Present Perfect Cont. -> Past Perfect Cont.
-- Simple Future -> Future in the Past (would, could ...)
-- We can also use Simple Present instead of Simple Past in case the R.P. expresses:
Trích:

<table border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><tr><td style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>- Habits: "I work late every morning ever since you left the company" -> He said he works late every morning ever since I left the company.
- Facts (always true OR true for a long time): "The sun rises in the East" -> My teacher said that the sun rises in the East.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
-- For modal Vs, we have to use the Vs that have the same meaning:
Trích:

- must -> had to / would have to
- must not -> was not to (were not to)

- can -> could / be able to

- will / shall -> would / should / be going to

- Thay đổi Adjs và Advs.
Changes express: Speech -> Reported Speech
Trích:

-- This -> That
-- These -> Those
-- Here -> There
-- Now -> Then
-- Today -> That day
-- Yesterday/ Last (month/year/century/...) -> The (day
/month/year/century/...) before / The previous (day/month/year/century/...).
-- Tomorrow/ Next (week/month/...) -> The (day/week/month/...) after/ The following(day/week/month/...)
- Ago -> Before
* Types:
- Mệnh đề gián tiếp:
Trích:

+ Khi câu mệnh lệnh, đề nghị được đổi từ trực tiếp sang gián tiếp thường được mở đầu bằng những Vs như "order, command, tell, ask, request.." tùy theo sau đó có tân ngữ trực tiếp chỉ người nhận lệnh và động từ dùng dạng infinitive (to V)
- Câu hỏi gián tiếp:
Trích:

+ "Y-N" questions: S+ ask/inquire/wonder...+ if/whether+ S+V+O...
+ Statement (WH- Questions): S + ask/require/wonder/want to know...+ WH-+ S+ V+O...
- Câu cảm thán (exclamation):
Trích:

S+ exclaim+ how/what+ Adj/N + S + V
- Dạng hỗn hợp (mixed type):
Trích:

Phần nào đổi theo phần đó..
E.g. "I am good at that. Do you need me to see to it?" -> He said that he was good at that and asked me if I needed him to see to the problem.

* Special Cases: In these cases, we DON'T CHANGE the verb tense if the main verb is in Simple Past (said).
- Vs in the speech has exact time.
E.g. He said, "I was born in 1992". -> He said that he was born in 1992.
- 2nd, 3rd conditional clause.
E.g. He said, "If I were you, the boy would be let go." -> He said that if he were me, the boy would be let go.
- Past subjunctive (wish clause, as if...)
E.g. Mary said, "If only I were rich." -> Mary said that if only she were rich.
- When in the speech has "could, would, should, might, used to, ought to, would rather, had better..."
E.g. He said, "You had better drink less." -> He said I had better drink less.
- The speech expresses a fact.
E.g. The teacher said, "The sun rises in the East." -> The teacher said that the sun rises in the East.

Trong câu tường thuật , động từ khiếm khuyết MUST thường đc chuyển thành HAD TO , NEEDN'T chuyển thành DID NOT HAVE TO , nhưng MUST, SHOULDN'T khi chỉ sự cấm đoán , lời khuên vẫn được giữ nguyên VD : 1. His father said to him : "You must study harder" => Hisfather told him that he had to study harder ( Bố cậu ta bảo rằng cậu ta phải học chăm hơn ) 2. Hoa said :"You needn't water the flowers because it rained last night" => Hoa said that he didn't have to water the flowers because it had rained the day before (Hoa nói rằng anh ấy ko cần phải tối hoa vì đã mưa vào tối hôm trước) 3. The doctor said to Nam : "You should stay in bed" => The doctor told Nam that he should stay in bed ( Vị bác sĩ bảo Nam rằng cậu ta nên ở trên giường) _ Nếu câu nói trực tiếp diễn tả 1 sự thật hiển nhiên thì khi chuyển sang câu tường thuật động từ vẫn ko đổi . Ex : The professor said : "The moon revolves around the earth" => The professor said that the moon revolves around the earth ( Vị giáo sư nói rằng mặt trăng quay xung quanh trái đất) _ Nếu động từ giới thiệu trong câu nói trực tiếp ở thì hiện tại hoặc tương lai ( SAY/WILL SAY , HAVE SAID ...) thì động từ trong câu tường thuật và các trạng từ chỉ thời gian và nơi chốn khi được đổi sang vẫn ko đổi Ex : She says : "The train will leave here in 5 minutes" => She says that the train will leave there in 5 minutes
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://englishforyou.forumvi.com

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Về Đầu Trang

Permissions in this forum:
Bạn không có quyền trả lời bài viết